Agile revolutionises digital transformation and the rate of business improvement
What Will You Learn:
Agile has broken out of the realm of IT projects into the broader context of business change in general. However, there is a lot of mystery around exactly what it is – and it is in danger of becoming an overused buzzword. The emergent planning techniques developed in the 1990s and 2000s not only revolutionised the way that software development is done but moreover brought with them a new paradigm and mindset shift for the way we manage planning and execution. This is what is so exciting the business world.
Agile promises improved ROI, reduced time to market, effective risk management, along with increased productivity and morale. In this session we will explore how, what it is and what it is not, and how these techniques born in the computer industry can help us to foster genuine business Agility to embrace and ever fast-paced and demanding world.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Explore what Agile is and what it is not.
- Understand how an Agile approach to planning and execution can support your organisation at Portfolio, Programme, Project, and Operational levels.
- Learn about the popular Agile Frameworks Kanban, Scrum, SAFe, and DSDM, and how Agile techniques can be used in a wider business context beyond software / product development.
The Workshop Will Include:
- A brief history of Agile.
- An overview of the popular Agile frameworks and how to make Agile scale.
- Practical introduction to Agile estimation and forecasting techniques.
- Learning about Agile Culture and self-organising teams.
- Factors and risks to consider when planning an Agile implementation.
- When to and when not to consider Agile.
- Some time to discuss and reflect on applicability within your own industry / organisation.
Who Should Attend:
Senior Leaders & Managers responsible for strategic and/or operational decisions in any organisation.